Over the years we’ve been to many venues for our wedding couples. From celebrations in the back garden of a home, to opulent manor houses and large convention centres. Each one decorated with with details the bride has spent months co-ordinating and planning. We’ve been to wedding venues all over the world and many, many venues in WA.
One of the first things you need to do when planning a wedding, is decide on how many people you’re going to invite to share in your special day. It’s no good going to book a wedding venue who’s decor you love, that will hold only80 guests, if you end up with 150 guests. So, deciding how many guests you’re going to have is definitely the first thing to do. Then you can go in search of that perfect wedding venue for your special day.
The choice of wedding venue will help to set the theme of your wedding. A grand old manor with crystal chandeliers will have a different flavour to the basement room of a winery with a polished concrete floor and wine barrels lining the walls.
Some of the more unusual wedding venues we’ve attended are…
- a secret basement jazz club who’s entrance is through a red telephone box
- a dry creek bed in the Kruger National Park, South Africa
- the back garden of a home decorated entirely in a black and white theme, with the bride making a grand entrance in a stunning red dress
- a surprise wedding (that was supposed to be an engagement party) on the banks of The Swan River
- a farm house / sheering shed on a farm in Cervantes
- a hotel set amongst the Rocky Mountain Range in Canada
Some of our favourite venues that we are lucky enough to go to several times a year are
- the beautiful venues in The Swan Valley
- the amazing wedding venues down south – Dunsborough, Margaret River etc
- some of the amazing restaurants in the Perth CBD like Mosmans, Aqua Viva, Matilda Bay
But we genuinely love every one of the wedding venues we are lucky enough to attend, even if we attend the same venue several times in a row, as each one is different, each one having the personal stamp of the bride and groom of the day.
We hope you enjoy browsing the venues we have listed, every one we recommend provides a beautiful environment, has excellent service and beautiful food – you may even find inspiration for your wedding…